Invitation for 4th Regional Conference of Evaluators in the Balkans region
“Reflecting the practice of evaluation”
The 4th Regional Conference is organized by WBEN – Western Balkans Evaluation Network as a regional network that makes efforts to promote evaluation concept and raise evaluation culture in the Balkans region. Conferences are organized bi-annually since 2015. The history of the conference started in Sarajevo 2015, followed in Zagreb 2017 and the last one in Belgrade 2019. It is usually taking place in October or November.
This year it will be taking place on Wednesday, 24th of November 2021, in Skopje, North Macedonia. Due to Covid-19 situation and the uncertainties to travel, the conference will be organized online, using ZOOM Platform.
The Macedonian Evaluation Network (MEN), Management Consulting Association (MCA 2000) and University of Tourism and Management Skopje – Institute of Business and Management (UTMS/IBM) are this year the hosts of the conference in close collaboration with all the members of WBEN. The conference will be a one-day event, bringing together professionals in evaluation, relevant government officials, international organizations, academics, civil society representatives and other stakeholders from across Balkans, Europe and beyond that strive to enhance and promote the use of evaluation and its development as a discipline and a profession. The programme of the conference will comprise plenary, panel and group discussions on a range of priority issues, with the aim of achieving consensus around important topics.
Hosted by: MEN; MCA 2000 & UTMS (IBM)
When: 24 November 2021
Where: Skopje, North Macedonia (ZOOM PLATFORM)
For whom (target): The event will bring together key actors from across Balkans, EU and beyond, responsible for monitoring and evaluation and those interested to learn about M&E.
Goal of the conference: Is to enhance and strengthen the existing institutional network of evaluators in the region and beyond and to develop common principles and a regional agenda for identifying priorities, addressing challenges and taking action in regards to evaluation as a discipline and profession.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
- To identify common challenges across the region and strategies to address them drawing on practical evaluation experience and/or scientific research and other examples;
- To strengthen country-led evaluations and enhance role of local evaluation societies;
- To identify ways for evaluation professionalization in the region;
- To seek consensus on principles for taking forward planning, developing and supporting the development of evaluation;
- To identify indicators and effective approaches to monitoring and measuring progress in evaluation across the region.
- SDGs evaluation and its impact to improved implementation of SDGs
Logistical arrangements: Participation in the conference will be offered a Google form for registration.
Working language: English,
More information about the conference on: https://www.men.mk
Authors are kindly invited to submit the abstract for the conference (template provided in the attachment of the Call)
with the following information:
- Name, Surname, Organisation, Contact details (e-mail)
- Title of the presentation (up to 10 words)
- Abstract – 300-500 words long including the following elements:
- short description of the problem
- research objective(s)
- main results and findings
- concluding remarks including the evaluation methods used and/or experience in evaluation networking activities
- literature (3-5 main sources)
- For the participation in PLENARY OR PARALLEL SESSIONS authors are required to prepare 10-15 minutes long presentations in PPT or similar format.
Deadline for the abstract submission is November 1st, 2021.
Authors will receive notification on the acceptance of their abstracts by November 10th, 2021
All authors interested to submit full papers (up to 16 pages) will receive detailed full paper instructions. Depending on the number and quality of the received papers, Program Committee keeps the right to publish them within thematic proceedings or in some of the relevant scientific journals.